You can count on Gigi Hadid to make even the most experimental makeup seem effortlessly cool and wearable. Case in point, this minimalist take on graphic eyeliner. The look, created by makeup artist Carolina Gonzalez, also featured flawless, perfected skin and a complete lack of mascara, leaving the spotlight solely on the floating liner. It’s the ideal look to try if, like Hadid, you’re blessed with a fair amount of space between your eyelid crease and brow. If not, don’t fret. Play around with the placement and the angle of the line. You could even curve it ever so slightly to make it suit your eye shape. Ready to try the look? Follow these steps.
Get the look: Gigi Hadid’s flawless skin and floating eyeliner
- Begin by smearing an illuminating primer all over your face and massage it into the skin. Then, with a wet sponge, apply a liquid foundation like the L’Oréal Paris True Match Liquid Foundation, adding a little at a time until you reach your desired level of coverage. Dab concealer under the eyes, on the eyelids and on any blemishes, and then set the makeup with translucent powder.
- Brush your brows into place with a spoolie and use an eyebrow pen like the Glossier Brow Flick to draw individual hair strokes wherever your brows may be sparse.
- For the eyes, use a creamy gel pencil liner in a rich green hue like the Haus Laboratories Eye-Dentify Gel Pencil Eyeliner in Grime to draw a horizontal line right above the crease of the eye. Make sure the line isn’t too long and doesn’t extend beyond the outer corner of your eye. If you don’t have a steady hand, that’s okay. Dip a cotton bud with a pointed tip in micellar water and use it to erase mistakes and perfect the line. You could also use some tape as a stencil to get a crisp stripe in the first go. Next, define the upper lash line with a soft brown eyeshadow on a pencil brush. Leave the lashes clean and mascara-free.
- To add dimension to the look, create a faint flush on the cheeks with a light peach powder blush. Then, sweep a subtle highlighter like the NARS Light Sculpting Highlighting Powder in Fort de France on the cheekbones.
- Lastly, overline the lips slightly with a pink-nude lip liner like the Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk Original. Go over it with the matching lipstick and blot with a tissue.